Don't worry. I don't know what I'm doing either

but I'm working on it


Paranoia

This is a short story I wrote for my English class. When I say, "short" I mean, "short." Enjoy!

As Jack walked along the path behind his house, he had the sneaking suspicion that he was being watched. He could swear he heard someone moving behind him."Quit being so paranoid," he demanded. In a state of fear, a man doesn't care how crazy talking to himself may seem. Rustling leaves caused him to quicken his pace. He could hear crickets now. Their chirps seemed to echo in his eardrum like shouts through the Grand Canyon. His feet moved faster still. "Just a little further," he said aloud. It was getting darker now. To his right he heard a twig snap. At this point, Jack leaped into a sprint. Trees passed on his right and left. The forest seemed to be changing shapes in the moonlight. As the gravel gave way below his feet, he fell to the ground. There he lay on his stomach, breathing deeply, as a squirrel met him face to face and sniffed his nose. Jack grinned and let out a guffaw at how ridiculous he was being. After brushing himself off he returned home at a snail's pace.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Don't worry. I don't know what I'm doing either | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies