Don't worry. I don't know what I'm doing either

but I'm working on it


Review #1


From the very beginning I am Legend instills a feeling of eeriness within the viewer. This spooky feeling continues throughout the entire film. It seems that unlike other thrillers I am Legend does not give you any hint as to what is coming. Part of this has to do with the lack of music in the film. In movies like Jaws the viewer will hear the "bum-bum" and know that something is about to happen. The minimal soundtrack provides for much more of a jumpy movie-going experience. It also helps in getting across the overall themes of the film: isolation and abandonment. In many of the scenes I felt so uncomfortably alone that it was almost unbearable.

Many people have probably read the novel by Richard Matheson on which this movie is based and are excited to see the film adaptation. I want to warn these people to come to the movie with an open mind and not to expect a perfect re-telling of the novel...or anything close to it. The filmmakers took the basic premise from the novel (Robert Neville being the last human being on earth) and ran with it. Other than the title and Will Smith's character's name there are not many similarities between the film and the book. I still enjoyed the movie and thought it was very well done. I give I am Legend 4 out of 5 stars.

Oh and if you go see this movie be prepared to see two excellent trailers for movies coming out this summer: The Dark Knight and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. These look pretty amazing. You can view The Dark Knight's trailer here and the trailer for Prince Caspian here.

0 Responses to “Review #1”

Post a Comment



© 2006 Don't worry. I don't know what I'm doing either | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.

website-hit-counters.com
website design companies